Waxocare is the brand name of surgical bone wax manufactured by Dolphin Sutures.
Bone wax is used to help mechanically control bleeding from bone surfaces during surgical procedures by providing hemostasis in bleeding bone. It controls bleeding of bone by blocking the holes and causing immediate bone hemostasis. Bone wax is used in procedures that involve cutting through bones like sternotomy, thoracic, neurosurgery, orthopedic, oral and maxillofacial surgeries.
Bone wax Composition: Bees wax, paraffin wax and iso propyl palmitate. Individually packed sterile bone wax is available in a form of bone wax stick with a weight of 2.5 gms and is sterilized by Gamma Radiation.
- Bone wax is available in custom pack sizes
- Sterilized by Gamma Radiation
- Bone wax is bio-chemically inert and partially resorbable
- Waxocare bone wax effectively stops bleeding in bones
- Waxocare bone wax exhibits minimal or no tissue reaction.
- Waxocare bone wax is ideal for use in general orthopedics, craniomaxillofacial and cardio-thoracic surgery for sternal closure.
- General orthopedics, craniomaxillofacial and cardio-thoracic surgery for sternal closure.
- Bone Wax is individually packed with a weight of 2.5 gms in a release paper
- Individually packed bone wax is then packed in a tear-open or peel-open aluminum foil
- Aluminum foils are further packed in a secondary medical grade paper pouch laminated with polyester laminated poly film
- Sutures are further packed in small cartons made from premium 320 GSM Cyber XLPac in 12 suture pack
- Boxes are further laminated in tamper proof film to protect it from dirt/dust
- Further, the sutures are packed in an export worthy 7 ply master carton which can accommodate 100 boxes ( 70 x 30 x 30 cms) - weighing up to 9 to 10kg and 200 boxes ( 70 x 29 x 59 cms) - weighing up to 18kg