- Dolphin Sutures manufactures full range of non-absorbable sutures suitable for various needs of surgery from U.S.P. size 5 to 10-0.
- Non-absorbable suture materials include stainless steel, polypropylene, nylon (polyamide), silk and polyester sutures.
- Both natural and synthetic non-absorbable sutures are available.
- Braided non-absorbable sutures like silk and polyester are available with coatings like silicone, wax and PTFE.
- Non-absorbable sutures can be permanently implanted in the body or can be removed after few days of surgery depending on the kind of surgery.
Below is a graphical representation of the comparison between various non-absorbable sutures on properties such as tensile strength of the sutures, implantation period, handling properties and ease of knotting / knot security of each type of non-absorbable suture material.